While we sincerely hope you will reach out to Sunrise Clinical Services for professional help, we know that not everyone is comfortable doing that. Here are 5 things you can do to help manage the stress and anxiety of COVID-19.
1. Minimize reading, watching, or listening to media that causes you to feel excessively stressed or anxious. When you do consume media, ensure it is a reputable and reliable source.
2. Reduce your social media intake. The constant barrage of rumor, opinion, and disparagement on social media only adds to stress and anxiety.
3. Try to ensure your time between work shifts is truly restful. Of course there is always home work to be done, but be sure you take time for you to recharge.
4. Avoid unhelpful coping activities like alcohol and other drug use.
5. Make time for regular self check-ins to assess your mental and emotional wellness. If you are concerned, please call us at 262-842-0538 to schedule an appointment.